Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yard Sale Addiction



I've been going to yard sales for the past year, and I can't believe I didn't start doing it sooner. I can walk up with a few bucks, and potentially leave with something awesome. I can see a yard sale sign from a mile away, and I follow them like they're treasure maps.

I've found so many cool items, and I even went to a couple of estate sales. Here's just some of what I've bought from my yard sale adventures (and I'm not even including the newer made finds aka fabric, books, toys, and even one cool crimper). 

One of my favorite finds, and first yard sales. These are what increased the hunger for my Saturday morning shopping days. Pyrex "Crazy Daisy" mixing bowl set- $2.00





I got this vintage typewriter at the same yard sale- $8.00


The record player credenza came from the same yard sale again, and it came with records- $30.00



Once again, the same yard sale... This "project" chair. I keep it in my room with a throw covering the seat. I plan on restoring it, you'll see it finished- $5.00


I love him. My owl drawing- $2.00


I don't know why I love it, my favorite cup- $1.00





I got this at the same yard sale. The lady I bought it from was retired teacher, she said it was 100 years old. She could have been nuts, but I liked it anyways. The frame is cool, it's carved/burned wood- $1.00





I originally bought this because I was going to reuse the canvas, and paint over it. I looked it up online, and it's part of a 950 piece set. Art prices keep changing, but last time I checked it was selling for over $180 dollars. Pretty good investment on my end- $5.00  





 My hanging unicorn head- $.50



The guy selling this little table was really sad to sell it, he said his wife was making him do it- $8.00




I love this tray! It's price tag said $20.00, I'm way too cheap for that- $5.00





One of my favorites. Vintage feather and veiled hat- $2.00



Charlie likes this one too.... "No mom, I'm Mrs. Nesbitt"




Wooden candle wall sconces, price tag still on. Purchased at a Boy Scouts rummage sale- $2.00


There is so much more I've found I could share with you, but then this post would never end. My goal is to fully furnish and decorate my house with items purchased at yard and rummage sales. I'm on my way.....




0 comments: