Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't Judge Me..... I'm Awesome......



Over thirteen years ago, I was introduced to someone that changed my life… His name was Harry Potter. After weeks of mocking my friend Amber concerning her “children’s book choice", she dared me to read a chapter. While at a slumber party at her house I opened the Sorcerer’s Stone for the very first time; Fifteen minutes later she was bugging me non-stop to set it down and hang out with her again.
I was hooked.
The obsession grew from there; Books led to Bertie Botts Beans, the beans led to stationary, then to book bags, watches, figurines, snow globes, dolls, games, clocks, plush's, and so on…. I’ve cooled my heels a bit since I’ve gotten older, but I can’t wait for the day Charlie starts to read the books. She is of course banned from watching the movies until she reads the books first (The books are a million times better than the movies). Though my addiction has calmed over the years, I appreciate how much I enjoyed reading that series. I recall cuddling up in my room and reading for hours while eating Bertie Bott’s Beans and drinking cream soda (The soda was the Butter Beer, duh!). I’ve since read the series over a few more times- More times than I should-  I won’t tell you how many…
I was overjoyed when they first started building Hogwarts at Universal Studios Florida, but a little sad that it was so far away. I almost peed my pants when I heard that they’re building one now in Hollywood. Just think, we’ll be sipping butter beer at the Leaky Calderon in just a couple of years…. It really brings back the addict in me; I hope they let me dress up…
Thank you JK Rowling, thank you…. 


0 comments: