Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Craft Blast From the Past



I was cleaning out my closet and I found a bag of some of the old purses I made. I used to have a shop on Ebay for them, but never liked them enough to keep making them. I can't actually sew, I just make it up as I go along. I remember cutting out cardboard shapes, because I don't know how to read sewing patterns. I sold them with a starting bid of $15. I had one of my Johnny Depp Pirate purses have a bid war over it, and sell for over $50. I haven't made a purse in over five years, but I might just start again.....

My friend Sara and my little sister Nikki were always down to model for me.

 I remember the Red dice Marilyn Monroe purse- It was sold to this guy who was the biggest fan I had ever seen, he literally had thousands of Marilyn items. Here's the photo he sent me after he received it....

 




This was probably my favorite. I had the biggest addiction to Marilyn Monroe when I was younger. The second picture is actually the inside pocket.

 
Inside pocket of the Edward Scissorhands purse

0 comments: