Monday, May 20, 2013

Adding Fabric to an Old Cabinet



So this is a project that was a project. I purchased a white cabinet from Kmart around 6 or 7 years ago. About 4 years ago I removed the doors, painted it black, and added a curtain where the doors were. I had no use for it after a while, so it got put into storage. 

I was looking for storage to put in my daughter's room, and I remembered the cabinet. 

-I cleaned it up, primered it, and painted the entire thing white (it's original color). 



-Then I took the back to a poster frame, and cut it to the size of the ruined backing on the cabinet.

 - I covered the board with this pretty pink fabric that I bought from a yard sale for $.50, using glue to secure it.





-After it dried, I nailed the fabric board to the back of the shelves.

 


 It was easy, and basically free since I had most of the materials. How do you think it turned out?

0 comments: